Friends of InvasivoreJanuary 19th, 2012 at 10:08
If yesterday’s SOPA and PIPA protest was a demonstration of how internet sharing could be hampered by pending legislation, let today’s entry be a celebration of the great things being shared around the web!
Here are the blogs we’ve been reading lately:
- The Bugwood Blog is housed at The University of Georgia Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health and is an excellent source for invasive species news and commentary.
- Another great source of invasive species news is the CABI Invasives Blog. Their host, CABI, is an inspiring not-for-profit organization applying science to some of the most important agricultural, environmental, and developmental problems of today.
- One of our very favorite blogs is Dot Earth. Blogger Andrew Revkin has plenty to say about environmental issues worldwide (including a shout-out to invasivore.org in its infancy!).
- Shorelines, a blog housed at the Smithsonian Environmental Research Center, also covers a wide range of environmental issues, including biological invasions.
- We often enjoy Deborah Dramby’s blog, Just Saying, which she describes as “a place for the eco-curious to accompany one another” through the latest environmental news and notes.
- Finally, a few folks who are also hard at work foraging in the environment around us include the Foraging Foodie, Green Deane at Eat the Weeds and Other Things Too, CarpBusters, and Wildman Steve Brill.
Do you have any suggestions about other blogs we should be reading?