Recipes: Garlic Mustard Salad and FrittataMay 21st, 2012 at 12:18
For all of you who like to have multiple invasive-based dishes together, here’s a full meal for two. We made garlic mustard salad and garlic mustard frittata with a side of fried plantains.
Garlic mustard salad
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 c. spinach
- 1 1/2 c. garlic mustard
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Toss garlic mustard greens, spinach, tomato, and avocado in serving bowl.
- To make the dressing, mix olive oil, apple cider vinegar, pepper, ginger, and sesame seeds in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad.
Garlic mustard frittata
- 2 TB butter
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 1 c. garlic mustard greens
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
- Set oven to broil.
- Melt butter in an 8in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, then sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic mustard, then sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and eggs, then stir the mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Cook until egg is semi-set on top, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Move skillet into the oven and broil until the cheese is melted and slightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice, and serve.