Recipe: Cucumber Purslane SaladJuly 30th, 2012 at 8:15
This chilled salad is sure to provide a nice treat after a hot day weeding in the garden!
- 3 cucumbers
- 2 cups purslane leaves
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel cucumbers, then quarter and remove seeds. Slice thin.
- Combine cucumbers, purslane, garlic, and mint in large bowl.
- Add a dusting of salt and a pinch of pepper. Mix well and refrigerate at least 3o minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and olive oil.
- Gently combine yogurt mixture and chilled cucumber salad.
- Refrigerate until serving. Enjoy!