A buffet of eating invasive species news and notes from around the internet!
- October 24 was National Food Day, a day to celebrate healthy, affordable, and sustainable food
- Chef Bun Lai and Joe Roman celebrated national food day with a presentation on invasive sushi
- Over 200 scientists have written a letter to the Obama administration cautioning against the use of invasive grasses as biofuels
- Editor Sean Hoban provides a perspective on the ecological consequences of GM crops
- Is there an invasive tiger shrimp market developing in the US?
- The Locavore Hunter provides some photos from his work writing the new book, Eating Aliens
- Elsewhere, Jackson Landers was interviewed by Grist.org
- And here’s a short synopsis of that interview on The Smithsonian Blog
- Another great list of invasive species you can eat!